in

Former Manchester United star ‘REJECTS move to Inter Miami despite phone call from boss Tata Martino as he turns down chance to link up with Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi’

Former Manchester United star ‘REJECTS move to Inter Miami despite phone call from boss Tata Martino as he turns down chance to link up with Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi’
Former Manchester United star ‘REJECTS move to Inter Miami despite phone call from boss Tata Martino as he turns down chance to link up with Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi’


  • A former Man United player has reportedly rejected a move to Inter Miami 
  • Miami boss Tata Martino is said to have personally called the player over a move
  • Ian Ladyman expects Chris Sutton’s New Year’s resolution to go up in smoke in less than a week – It’s All Kicking Off 

A former Manchester United player has reportedly turned down the chance to become Inter Miami’s next big signing.

The MLS side have already announced their latest marquee addition to their ranks by bringing in former Liverpool and Barcelona star Luis Suarez – who has linked up with his close friend Lionel Messi at the outfit owned by David Beckham. 

It has been a busy year for Miami, who have made a string of high-profile signings including Argentina’s World Cup hero Messi and his former Barcelona team-mates Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba. 

And after the arrival of Suarez, who joined on a free transfer from Brazilian side Gremio last week – coach Tata Martino turned his focus to a defensive addition.

He is said to have personally phoned his fellow Argentine in a bid to persuade him to make the move to the States – but the defender rejected the switch. 

A former Man United star has rejected the chance to link up with MLS outfit Inter Miami 

Marcos Rojo is said to have opted to stay at Boca Juniors

It came despite a phone call from Miami boss Tata Martino

Marcos Rojo is said to have turned down Miami after a phone call from boss Tata Martino (R)

Marcos Rojo – who plays for Argentinian outfit Boca Juniors – is believed to have turned down the offer.

The report adds that Rojo told his boss Juan Roman Riquelme that he would remain with the club until his contract expires in 2025, according to Marca. 

It goes on to say that Rojo has also snubbed interest from Brazilian outfit Palmeiras.

The Boca hierarchy have reportedly assured Rojo that they will put together a team that can be competitive this season – even though they have not qualified for South America’s major tournament, the Copa Libertadores. 

He has rejected the chance to join Luis Suarez at the MLS outfit

Rojo also could have linked up with Lionel Messi

He has rejected the chance to join Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi at the MLS outfit 

IT’S ALL KICKING OFF! 

It’s All Kicking Off is an exciting new podcast from Mail Sport that promises a different take on Premier League football, with a show every Monday and Thursday this season.

It is available on MailOnline, Mail+, YouTube , Apple Music and Spotify

Rojo joined Boca in 2021 and has made 59 appearances, winning three trophies so far – including the league title and Argentine Super Cup.

Now 33, Rojo will be best remembered for his seven-year spell at Man United, which saw him play 122 times, scoring twice and winning a string of silverware. During his time at Old Trafford, he lifted the FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Community Shield and Europa League.

However, he soon began to fall out of favour at Old Trafford as he played just eight Premier League games in his last two seasons before being loaned out to Argentine outfit Estudiantes, before joining Boca on a permanent deal a year later. 

Written by bourbiza mohamed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Watch the moment Cristiano Ronaldo surprises his mum by gifting her a new Porsche for her 69th birthday on New Year’s Eve after flying back to Madeira to celebrate with her

Watch the moment Cristiano Ronaldo surprises his mum by gifting her a new Porsche for her 69th birthday on New Year’s Eve after flying back to Madeira to celebrate with her

Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova announces she is pregnant and reveals she will miss the Australian Open to focus on ‘exciting new chapter’ with her coach-husband

Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova announces she is pregnant and reveals she will miss the Australian Open to focus on ‘exciting new chapter’ with her coach-husband